[Foundation-l] Call for Wikimania Scholarship Applications

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:45:36 UTC 2010

On 26 March 2010 09:10, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I am not confising anything :-). All EU countries citzens can
> enter Poland using their EU ID. They cross the same gates on airports
> as people from Shengen zone. The only diffrence is that non-Shengen
> countries' members are subject to diffrent custom regulations and they
> can be examined by custom officers. It also apply to EEA countries
> ((Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and based on separate treaty also
> Switzerland.

I think you are confusing things... I am a British citizen and I'm
fairly sure I need a passport to enter a Schengen zone country. Once
I'm in a Schengen zone country, I think I can travel to another one
with other ID, but I need a passport for the first Schengen country.
The Schengen zone has absolutely nothing to do with customs, as far as
I know. If you are travelling from an EU country to an EU country,
there is basically not customs (you walk through the blue channel).

More information about the foundation-l mailing list