No subject

Tue Jul 6 00:35:29 UTC 2010

say that we should close Moldovan Cyrillic Wikipedia. It is obviously
that we should care much more about living Romanian Wikimedian
community, than about non-existent Moldovan Cyrillic Wikimedian
community. However, there are some principles behind our work and they
are stronger than utilitarian reasoning. As the project exists, we are
not able just to remove it. In other words, please understand our
position.

During the past years, Mark has given strong *arguments* against the
deletion of Moldovan Cyrillic Wikipedia. Note that it is about
arguments, not about partisan speech. He has also shown ability to
seek for solutions. Because of those things, he is the best person to
talk in the name of those Moldovans who are using Cyrillic orthography
as their native one. If you feel that you have problems in
articulating your own arguments, you can ask other Wikimedians to help
to formulate your own needs toward this issue. I see that Marcus Buck,
like Mark, is giving good arguments in favor of your position. So, ask
him to help you.

Exactly because this is a hot political issue in Moldova and Romania,
there is no way that the Language committee or the Board would be
willing to decide before two sides reach an agreement. So, the right
target for discussion are not members of Language committee or Board,
but persons interested to have this problem solved. In other words,
don't count on our involvement before you make a sensible proposal for
the solution of the problem.