No subject

Tue Jul 6 00:35:29 UTC 2010

officially launching the PDM tomorrow - as per the press release
http://creativecommons.org/press-releases/entry/23755 ) CC were debating
whether to use a logo that was "C-with-a-line-through-it" or the letters
"PD". The concern about the former was that it could potentially look like
an "anti-copyright" logo which is not the message that CC wants to send out.
But, they ended up choosing it largely because Wikimedia has already made
the image recognisable through templates like "PD-old"
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:PD-old-75 So, we were involved in
the creation of this Mark even though we didn't know it :-)

Not being a techie I'm not sure what would be required, if anything at all,
but how difficult would it be for us to implement the machine-readable
information provided by the PDM into commons so that our PD content is made
findable by this schema?

-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata