[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Excirial wp.excirial at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 14:19:21 UTC 2010

I know that every project's allowed to create its own guidelines and
policies, but this seems to go against the freedom of information principle
that Wikipedia stands for. I could accept this "No images" rule if it were
present on a Wiki where the bulk of the editors are legally restricted from
making such edits (Though it wouldn't be illegal per se, as the servers
aren't located in the country in question), but i am a bit baffled that they
feel the need to complain about the English Wiki, rather then worrying about
their own Wiki  instead. Equally i am non to fond of sysops who so blatantly
advance their own point of view, as this signals that the sysop cannot
handle conflicts in a neutral and impartial sense.

I agree that a dialog needs to be started with this Wiki, in order to
discuss this issue. It is probably best to do so quickly, before an ulama
indeed decides to declare this a fatw -. In that case we would be discussing
under a religious pretext, which is rarely the best way to fix issues such
as these.

~Excirial