[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Oliver Keyes scire.facias at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 14:35:33 UTC 2010

Agreed. I don't particularly agree with Gerard's point that " It is similar
as if I were to say to the English language community
that they have to change their way because their community consensus is
incompatible with WMF official board sanctioned policies." - in that
situation, yes, I'd expect en-wiki to change. If en-wiki was to leave its
collective brain home one day and get rid of the BLP policy, would we shrug
our shoulders and go "well, yes, it's a board-sanctioned policy, but they
can make their own decisions"? NPOV isn't just a board-sanctioned policy -
it's one of the fundamental principles and pillars the wiki is built on.