[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Mohamed Ibrahim mido.architect at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:10:44 UTC 2010

On 25 August 2010 23:42, Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net> wrote:

> Erm ... huh?
>
> 1) If you're interested in helping, and have experience/knowledge of
> languages, then get involved with the committee.
>
> 2) They're getting things achieved - they're fostering the development of
> new language projects, making decisions, getting the projects started, and
> doing this in a very effective way. Compare this with the ineffectual
> procedure for starting an entirely new project in any language, which hasn't
> gotten anywhere in the last 3(?) years.

I agree the committee did a good job in their mission and I'm not
generalizing my critique, I misworded my comment.

3) Please point to _recent_ examples where they've made a bad choice (i.e.
> Klingon doesn't count, as that was before their time). I'm not aware of any.

I'm not willing to open a long discussion on something that most people are
not willing to reconsider and I respected that and left the newly-opened
project to see what will happen.
However, the main point that triggered my comment was that I was just
browsing through and found really a poor standard of language and articles
that I even felt uncomfortable that the Wikipedia logo was over there.
I just hope that in the future the process will be more transparent and
considers all sides of the matter. I hope no one were offended as I didn't
mean it this way, and if in anyway I could help I won't hesitate to step in.

I agree that it's not good that they have a hidden discussion forum; as much