[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Wed Aug 25 20:42:44 UTC 2010

Erm ... huh?

1) If you're interested in helping, and have experience/knowledge of languages, then get involved with the committee.

2) They're getting things achieved - they're fostering the development of new language projects, making decisions, getting the projects started, and doing this in a very effective way. Compare this with the ineffectual procedure for starting an entirely new project in any language, which hasn't gotten anywhere in the last 3(?) years.

3) Please point to _recent_ examples where they've made a bad choice (i.e. Klingon doesn't count, as that was before their time). I'm not aware of any.

I agree that it's not good that they have a hidden discussion forum; as much as possible of the discussion leading up to a new project should be public, and i can't see a reason for secrecy. Apart from that, though, I don't understand these (somewhat bitchy) comments at all...

Mike