[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Mohamed Ibrahim mido.architect at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:21:22 UTC 2010

On 25 August 2010 23:01, Muhammad Yahia <shipmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think it has been proven many times over now that the Language
> > Committee works in mysterious ways with little or no community
> > oversight or input, essentially a self-appointed committee of
> > "experts", mostly from similar linguistic backgrounds, handing down
> > judgements about the rest of the world's languages from their
> > overwhelmingly European ivory tower. It seems we as a community of
> > people who care deeply about the future of potential new languages and
> > the success of existing language versions within our Wikimedia
> > community have no choice but to watch from the sidelines as they do
> > what they please.
> >
> > -m.
> >

> +1
>
> Add to that the fact that a portion of their discussion archives is
> deliberately hidden from the public as if they are debating state security
> issues. So even after a decision is taken, we only have a patchy view of
> the
> process that led to that decision.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Muhammad Yahia

I agree with what Muhammad and Mark has said
it's a pity that such resolutions that affect the whole community is
controlled like this..
resulting in such projects that really make Wikimedia looks like a host for
childish projects that's
written in a funny language never seen written before in
any respectable scientific book, website, etc..

--
- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"