[Foundation-l] Flagged Protection update for April 29

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Apr 30 23:06:27 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 03:28 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 29 April 2010 22:24, William Pietri<william at scissor.com>  wrote:
>
>> As requested, here's the weekly Flagged Protection update.
>>

>> We continue to work on UI display issues and on getting up a Labs
>> version of the German Wikipedia. We're pretty close to release, and we
>> believe only minor UI issues remain.
>>
> You are nowhere near ready for release. I reported several significant
> problems here:
>
> http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:FlaggedRevs_issues#Reviewing_edits
>
> None of them has been fixed and you haven't replied to my bug report
> with any reasons for not fixing them.
>
> You have been commenting that people have been reporting fewer and
> fewer problems; what do you expect if you completely ignore the ones
> people have already reported?

Hi. Thanks for the comment.

Just to be clear, we didn't completely ignore that comment, or any
other; we've been going through the comments on phone meetings every
week. We did, however, fail to respond to that one, which I'm sorry for.
I'll make sure to bring these up next we talk. Going back through, out
of 26 comments, I see 3 that didn't get replies, so I'll be sure to get
those, too. Thanks.

So i can be sure I understand, when you say "nowhere near ready for
release", are you referring just to those 3 issues? I believe the
question of speed there has mainly to do with labs, rather than Flagged
Revs itself, and the other 2 points you mention are suggested UI
improvements. From your phrasing, I take it you believe those UI changes
are important enough to delay release?

Thanks,

William