[Foundation-l] a heads-up on Wikimedia France's adventures with the Frenc...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 02:15:17 UTC 2009

In a message dated 9/27/2009 5:51:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wiki-lists at phizz.demon.co.uk writes:

>     I disagree. I think the priority is to have the full
>     resolution pictures of Public Domain works.
>
> That seems to be a demand to have the highest resolution copies possible.>>

I was assuming what this meant was, If we find this image on website x and
it's a reproduction of a public domain picture/painting, then we could
simply copy it.

The request (or demand) if you will, is internal, not against the producer
of the image.  That is, you don't need to *demand* the site owner do
anything, you can simply copy the image, without even informing them.

W.J.