[Foundation-l] It's not article count, it's editors

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Tue Sep 22 01:40:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nevertheless, I would hope that - even if we don't completely change the way
> we calculate "top 10 wikipedias" for the wikipedia.org landing page - we do
> generally start to promote our participation and quality metrics as the
> measures of success, rather than simply size.

Well, currently (AFAIK) the "top 10 wikipedias" are done by page view
counts (but the other wikis are listed by number of articles).

[It was changed around a year ago, I think, take a look at the
options/proposals/poll/etc:
* http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Wikipedias
* http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Top_Ten_Wikipedias
* http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Wikipedias/poll]