[Foundation-l] It's not article count, it's editors

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 01:27:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:31 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> From Erik Zachte:
>
> http://infodisiac.com/blog/2009/09/partipication-level-a-new-metric/
>
> Hmm. Anyone want to change the front page of www.wikipedia.orgaccordingly?  ;-)
>

> - d.
>
> well, for a short while a year or so ago (can't remember when precisely) we
also included on the main page on en.wp the number of featured articles -
not just the number of articles in total. This was subsequently removed due
to the large number of templates that the relevant admins had to update
(maybe it would be easier to do these days, could we add it back??).
Nevertheless, I would hope that - even if we don't completely change the way
we calculate "top 10 wikipedias" for the wikipedia.org landing page - we do
generally start to promote our participation and quality metrics as the
measures of success, rather than simply size.

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata