[Foundation-l] Fundraising Promotion and Job Opening

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:27:55 UTC 2009

2009/9/17 Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net>:

> On 17 Sep 2009, at 17:22, Gregory Kohs wrote:
>
>> They are a key constituency in
>> supporting the financial stream, as every single one of them is
>> worth 16 or
>> more "average" donors.
>
> This doesn't seem quite right to me. "average" donors may financially
> be worth less in each donation, but remember that there's a lot more
> of them, and they're more likely to give repeat donations. Also,
> there's more to "worth" than just financial, e.g. in good will /
> spreading the word.

Obviously there are more of them, Gregory didn't say otherwise. That
smaller donors are more likely to give repeat donations is (assuming
it is true) precisely why we need to make an effort to cultivate the
medium sized donors. Obviously good will and spreading the word are
important, but they aren't really related to fundraising (at least,
not in that direction - work on good will should help fundraising, not
the other way around).