[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 4 22:53:31 UTC 2009

On 9/4/09 3:27 PM, Anthony wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Tim Starling<tstarling at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>>
>> Chad's analysis was correct. The SF staff have been looking for a new
>> office for some time, and last I heard they were in the process of
>> negotiating a lease on a prospective space. Subletting the old office
>> will be desirable at least until the lease there expires.
>>

> Thanks, I also see it was in the annual report that you're moving from the
> 3,000 sq ft place to an 11,000 sq ft one.  I had been told (incorrectly)
> that the 3,000 sq ft was only a portion of the Stillman location, but after
> reading that this makes sense.

The building we are currently in is physically subdivided into two
spaces. Wikimedia occupies one part (3,000 sq ft) and another company
occupies the other (I'm unsure the exact size, but it's larger than ours).

> Is the staff currently using the Wikia
> sublease space going to move too?

Yes; the purpose of finding a larger space is to have enough room for
our current and forseeable future staff.

-- brion