[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:51:02 UTC 2009

2009/10/31 effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
> We should get used to a situation where the foundation grows, and that more
> hirings/firings (or farewells for other reasons) are going to take place
> then up to now. It would simply not be practical to announce them all.

While it shouldn't be necessary to announce everything, I think it
would be advisable to because otherwise we will inevitably end up with
threads like this, where sensationalised rumours get spread because of
a lack of accurate information. If the community would just calm down
and not assume the worst all the time, the WMF could just get on with
doing their jobs, but unfortunately that isn't the case.