[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:07:09 UTC 2009

I think the community should be and is being treated as a majority
shareholder, even better! Office IT support is a typical thing that the
community is not affected by AT ALL. So I am not surprised no announcement
is being given on foundation-l about this. If any public list would be
relevant, it would be wikitech-l, but even there it would be doubtful. (not
even to speak about privacy issues)

We should get used to a situation where the foundation grows, and that more
hirings/firings (or farewells for other reasons) are going to take place
then up to now. It would simply not be practical to announce them all. I do
expect the foundation to announce community-relevant positions such as the
volunteer coordinator, CsomethingO's, board positions and other functions
that relate to the community more directly. Financial controllers, office
supports, personal assistants etc are just not relevant to the community,
and a change on the relevant webpages and maybe a periodic (anonymized?)
overview on monthly reports would make more sense. (2 hirings last month,
and three people left the foundation for example)

Lodewijk