[Foundation-l] Dumb survey about Commons

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 17:45:03 UTC 2009

2009/10/26 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> Assume - ass u me ... When you look at the presentation of the statistics,
> when you consider the "score card" that were recently announced. I am happy
> to agree with you that it does not say on Erik's user page on en.wp that he
> had any formal statistics training.. Erik for your information is Dutch and
> I think you assume that the en.wp is Erik's main project.

I relied on the enwiki page because a) it does list his training and
statistics isn't there and b) his meta page directs people to his
enwiki page (and his nlwiki page). The statistics are presented in a
big table and with a few bar charts, that doesn't require any training
in statistics.

> That is fine and hardly relevant. The WMF staff has someone who I appreciate
> for his statistics work and I expect that Erik will continue to be involved
> in any statistics work on any project. I assume this to be the case because
> new statistical data has to become integrated in one way or another in order
> to ensure that we continue to record, report and anaylse  data even after
> the end of a time boxed project.

This is a survey not data extracted from a database, why would it be
continually recorded? You aren't making any sense.