[Foundation-l] Dumb survey about Commons

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:02:48 UTC 2009

I regard Erik highly for his skills in analyzing data which is already
present. I am completely confident he can do some thought provoking
analysis.

Unfortunately, the skills required for putting a good questionare together
are different from those on analyzing the data.

The remarks I have seen so far are about the technical features of the
questionaire, lack of testing, and the contents of the questions.
Bad questions generate bad responss, and bad responses mean bad data. No
doubt Erik will be able to make some use of these data, but would his
talents not have been much more usefull if the proper amount of thinking and
testing had gone into this questionaire?

The results of the usability project have disappointed many, see earlier
discussions on this list. Will there be more to come from the useability
project?
What actions can be taken to correct the currrent questionaire? Can it be
stopped and replaced by a better set of questions later?
What has suggested the need for a commons questionaire in the first place?
What analysis has already been done on this topic? What gave rise to the
current set of questions?

teun