[Foundation-l] [Wiktionary-l] Divergent Wiktionary logos

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:34:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net> wrote:
> Given that background, I would conclude that neither of the current
> options is desirable, and we need to develop a new Wiktionary logo.

Yes, that's what Cary brought up. :-)  On
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh> people have
the option of commenting on whether or not they think we should use
the 'classic' logo, the 'tile' logo, or design a new logo.  He
specifically set it up so that "If none of the three options gains a
clear majority at the end of the second week of voting, then [he]
propose[s] the vote default to option three."

> My own suggestion would be to use
> individual blocks but to have them be like type pieces from a printing
> press.

Though actual proposals for new logos will be accepted later (once it
is decided how things will work), you can leave a comment about how
you feel here: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Begin_from_Scratch>
:-)

--
Casey Brown