[Foundation-l] [Wiktionary-l] Divergent Wiktionary logos

James Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Thu Mar 26 20:56:39 UTC 2009

2009/3/26 Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net> wrote:
>> My own suggestion would be to use
>> individual blocks but to have them be like type pieces from a printing
>> press.
>
> Though actual proposals for new logos will be accepted later (once it
> is decided how things will work), you can leave a comment about how
> you feel here: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/refresh#Begin_from_Scratch>
> :-)

Well, I did a really quick-and-dirty view of what Michael's
tiles-logo-but-actually-movable-type image might look like. It's
completely awful - I can't draw, and my Inkscape skills are worse -
but I offer it up anyway:  :-)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WiktionaryFr-JDF_movable_type_idea_sketch.svg

The off-green was me failing to be bothered enough to find a gunmetal
grey transition shade pair, and of course it's the same rough image
just rotated and resized as appropriate, but... :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at wikimedia.org | jdforrester at gmail.com