[Foundation-l] Difficult words. was: Re: Request for your input: biographies of living people

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:08:39 UTC 2009

David, please consider that English is not the native language of everybody.
I took a lot of effort to learn your language, it would be appropriate if
you would try from your side to make it more easy for non natives to
understand you.
Instead of mocking about GerardM's English, please do the following:
- use a common word instead of a difficult one, if it exists
- make no jokes or ironic references that require a specific national
background to understand
- be as short as possible to express your message

Nothing that cannot be asked from a good Wikipedian, isn't it? :-)

Ziko

2009/3/5 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>

> 2009/3/5 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>
> > It is not that I am not able to look up words in a dictionary.. When an
> > excess of dificult word is used, the message is lost.
>

> None of these were excessively difficult, and now you know more English
> words.
>

> - d.

Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde