[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

philippe philippe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:09:55 UTC 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Joe Szilagyi wrote:

> Since BLP is so important--and Sue is wrong, not because of the
> "coverage" of Wikimedia over it, which is distantly secondary to the
> negative effects of a bad BLP situation on a Wikimedia site--then
> let's put a big prominent "Report A Problem" link on the top of every
> page, WMF-wide.
>
> - Joe

While I'm not in favor of such a "Report a Problem" link at the top of
EVERY page (because sit back and watch that queue explode from reports
of every piece of vandalism (it's SO much easier to report it than to
fix it...) and we don't have a sufficient number of OTRS people to
deal with that...

I AM in favor of having such a link appear at the top of every single
BLP (perhaps automatically tied to the BLP template or some such auto-
magic system?), with a fairly instant response that says "we got it.
we'll be in touch..." and assigns it through some sort of basic
workforce rule to a team of designated volunteers.  The important
thing is to make sure that ANYTHING sent through such a link is
assigned and tracked in such a way that it can be RE-assigned if
sufficient follow-up doesn't come fairly quickly.

Philippe

philippe
philippe.wiki at gmail.com

[[en:User:Philippe]]