[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 2 20:35:15 UTC 2009

2009/3/2 Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com>:
> Since BLP is so important--and Sue is wrong, not because of the
> "coverage" of Wikimedia over it, which is distantly secondary to the
> negative effects of a bad BLP situation on a Wikimedia site--

Sue was clearly talking about the coverage inside Wikimedia projects,
not the coverage in external media. The word "coverage" has meaning
beyond "press coverage". Read the first sentence of the e-mail again:

"I've been increasingly concerned lately about Wikimedia's coverage of living
people, both within biographies of living people (BLPs) on Wikipedia, and in
coverage of living people in non-BLP text."

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation