[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with humantranslations of Wikipedia articles

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:46:24 UTC 2009

What I see as a great feature in the toolkit is the translation memory: in
practice (after you switch of the machine translation), common phrases in
Wikipedia articles - like "external links", "notes", "history", "early life"
etc. - are pretranslated once a human has already translated them; if more
then one people start working on the same article separately, they can make
use of the other users' translations and build upon them (without having to
explicitly 'collaborate' or 'share' for this function to work).

Also, if you were to translate [[Bird species 1]], [[Bird species 2]],
[[Bird species 3]], I think you would get some very useful suggestions for
translating [[Bird species 4]].

Best,
Bence Damokos