[Foundation-l] Board elections candidacy period time change

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 19 09:07:59 UTC 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you may be aware, there is concern that the sitenotices regarding
submission of candidacy for the Board of Trustees election were not
seen anywhere but Meta after the 11th of this month.  Because of the
potentially massive consequence of this, and to encourage a full and
active election, the election committee has determined that:

	-  Candidacies will be accepted through July 27th at 23:59 (UTC)
	-  The period for questioning candidates begins immediately.
Candidates that are "late to the party" will, no doubt, be scrutinized
by the community.  The Committee hopes that the community will work to
actively ensure that all candidates receive equivalent questioning.
	- The dates of election will not change.  The election will begin on
28 July and end on 10 August.

Please know that we recognize the radical nature of altering the
schedule in the midst of the election and would not do it if we did
not absolutely believe that there was a possibility that others may be
interested and qualified and may not have known about the key dates.

For the committee,
Philippe

(in my capacity as a volunteer, and not as an employee of the
Wikimedia Foundation)