[Foundation-l] Board elections candidacy period time change

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:50:29 UTC 2009

Given that CentralNotice still isn't working, I've taken the hopefully
temporary and short-lived approach of simulating the candidate notice
using enwiki's local site notice.

Extending the nomination period does little if people don't actually
know about it.  Philippe has been posting a notice about the extension
at various community noticeboards, but that will of course be rather
hit and miss.

At the same time, creating a local site notice on one (or just a few)
wikis could also be seen as quite hit and miss.  For that reason, I
wanted to mention this action here in case people wanted to take
similar steps on other wikis.

Hopefully though some form of CentralNotice will be restored shortly.

-Robert Rohde