[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] vro

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:34:58 UTC 2009

Hoi,
When we were to move away from a set of URL's from et to ekk, a generic
redirect from et to ekk will suffice because there will be a one on one
relation. The et named articles will never be used for anything else. This
is true because this is how the standard works.

For those wikis where the code has been squatted, there is no such
quarantee. It is also quite clear that these codes have been always wrong.

Where we disagree is about the definition of  "good" URL's. We either have
our domain structure complying with a framework or we don't. As we DO have a
domain structure that complies to a framework, the URL's that do not comply
are "wrong". Given that the framework allows for the changes to languages,
there is nothing "wrong" with reorganising our domain structure.
Thanks,
     GerardM