[Foundation-l] Commons and The Year of the Picture

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jan 23 07:55:48 UTC 2009

Did actually anybody ever considered paying some part of the profit to the
authors of the pictures? Or at least, if this is such a tiny amount that
it would not make sense, placing some acknowledgements at their pages?

I am sorry to say, now I see quite an opposite attitude: "You have put a
picture under a free licence, now do not complain". This is fine of course
but does not encourage the authors very much.

Cheers
Yaroslav