[Foundation-l] Commons and The Year of the Picture

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:12:28 UTC 2009

Hoi,
You forget that as the copyright holder of your picture, you are free to
sell copies of your pictures as well. You are even allowed to provide your
material under a different license. The only thing you are not allowed is to
revoke the license you provided your material to Commons under.

Consider, a person decides to buy a printed copy of any picture from
Commons, the author can live all over our globe, there is an amount paid of
15 EURO including package and posting there is a margin of 1,50 EURO for the
Wiki side of things. The cost of paying the author can be as high as 18 EURO
just on banking fees. SO what is to be done? Posting a message,,, it takes 3
minutes to do this. I would consider this spam, I do not want this but you
do... A volunteers is supposed to do this ? He does not feel like it...

When a print is produced, a true value added service is provided. I do not
have a printer that allows me to print poster sized. By providing a service
like this, the value to our readers is enhanced. When money is going to the
French chapter, they will be able to do more.
Thanks,
      GerardM