[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:55:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> There is this "rule"; ignore all rules. There is a point to it. Particularly
> in situations where an injustice is likely to happen, the blind following of
> rules can be quite inhuman and at best an excuse for not thinking through
> consequences and accepting responisibility.

As I have written before, I disagree with "Ignore All Rules" because
there are some rules that should NOT be ignored. Ignore all rules is a
good rule when applied to rules about what the lay-out of Wikipedia
pages should look like. Not when it is applied to rules that ensure
that people in positions of responsibility, like Steward, have the
trust of the populace.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com