[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:08:44 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There is this "rule"; ignore all rules. There is a point to it. Particularly
in situations where an injustice is likely to happen, the blind following of
rules can be quite inhuman and at best an excuse for not thinking through
consequences and accepting responisibility.

When people are brave enough to vote, it can be expected that they can argue
their case as well. When they cannot, it is easy to argue that they do not
get the intricacies of a situation. When only the position of people is
known, the reason for such a position can be dramatically different. One
reason to vote against is that the argument is not taken far enough an other
reason is because the argument is taken too far.

Thanks,
       GerardM