[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikinews-l] Increased incivility at wikinews [en] <warning: contains rant>

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:45:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have been trying for over two years to bring this issue to the serious
> attention of the "powers that be" in the English Wikipedia. My messages are
> met either with a "there he goes again" attitude, or are not acknowledged at
> all. Where does one go from there if not the Foundation itself?

The foundation is not likely to be able to do anything, even if it is
willing (which I doubt). It makes some sense to treat them as the
authority figure of last resort, but that isn't reality.

If a project so large in size and scope as English Wikipedia is having
these problems with hostility and incivility, you're maybe seeing a
manifestation of problems in human nature itself. See [[w:Dubar's
Number]] for more information about large groups like this. If you
can't fix the problem from within English Wikipedia, then the problems
are likely to be unfixable.

--Andrew Whitworth