[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:35:56 UTC 2009

Guillame said:

"

A board member (or volunteer, or anyone who goes around and asks
someone to donate money to a cause) has some leverage if they can
answer: « I donated $2 million because I think this cause is worthy.
How much will you donate? »

"

+++++++

How unfortunate for Matt Halprin.  As far as I know, it was his employer,
Omidyar Network, that made the big donation, not Halprin himself personally.

It is amazing to me how shallow is the general comprehension level on this
list.

I am still awaiting answers for the very simple questions I asked earlier
today, about Halprin's history of board memberships.  Is anyone working on
them, or will I have to do it myself?

--
Gregory Kohs