[Foundation-l] Multimedia Usability Hiring: Product Manager

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 19 07:49:10 UTC 2009

As you may have seen we recently received a $300,000 grant to work on
multimedia usability.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_Ford_Foundation_Grant_July_2009

A critical position for the project is the product manager role. We've
just posted the position as we're imagining it. Originally we
conceived of this as two part-time roles, but if we can find the right
skills in a single person, we'd prefer that. This job is in some ways
tailored to an experienced Wikimedia Commons community member who also
knows a thing or two about designing good software and optimizing user
experience. (Please no jokes that the current site is evidence that
such a person doesn't exist. ;-) Take a look at the job description
here:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/Product_Manager_%28Multimedia_Usability%29

Ideally we'd like to bring the person to San Francisco if they aren't
already there, but I'm open to investing in the right person for visa
process and relocation if we think there's a long-term perspective
beyond the project. (We would likely only initially be able to commit
to a project contract, though.) If you're interested please send us
your background and some thoughts on the project and how you feel you
could work together with an engineer to make good things happen (see
application instructions in posting above).

Thanks,
Erik
--
Erik Möller