[Foundation-l] Block update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 04:38:52 UTC 2009

2009/8/8 Stevertjgo <owl at spaz.org>:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> said:
>
>> Perhaps we do need a dispute resolution mailing list for resolving
>> disputes that involve the mailing lists. It would be better than
>> having the lists themselves filled with complaints.
>
> I'm always open to similarly creative suggestions, and I appreciate your
> ability turn lemons into lemonade here.
>
> But why would the new list you propose be specific to mailing list
> disputes only? A mailing list issues only list might get little
> traffic/attention, though, and maybe that's not a good thing. Could it not
> be generalized a bit to include even high-level discussion of on-wiki
> dispute handling?

I think those high level discussion can take place either on-wiki or
on existing mailing lists without a problem. Discussing specific
disputes tends to annoy people on the existing mailing lists and it
doesn't make sense to discuss mailing list disputes on-wiki, so the
obvious answer seems to be a separate mailing list (or several,
divided up by language, I don't know if the non-English lists have a
problem needing this solution or not). I think it being a low traffic
list would be a good thing - the moderators would all have to be there
and a few mailing list regulars would sign up to keep an eye on things
and disputes could hopefully be resolved with a minimum of drama.