[Foundation-l] Block update

stevertigo owl at spaz.org
Sun Aug 9 23:13:44 UTC 2009

> 2009/8/8 Stevertjgo <owl at spaz.org>:

> I think those high level discussion can take place either on-wiki or
> on existing mailing lists without a problem.

I generally agree. But "existing mailing lists" generally means wikien-l -
once highly purposed toward resolving on-wiki disputes - is now
notoriously dismissive of dispute resolution issues and geared more toward
discussing Wikipedia's media image.

> Discussing specific disputes tends to annoy people on the existing
> mailing lists and it doesn't make sense to discuss mailing list disputes
> on-wiki, so the obvious answer seems to be a separate mailing list (or
> several, divided up by language
> I don't know if the non-English lists have a
> problem needing this solution or not).

OK, I agree, but would want to generalize it into either the dispute
resolution or mailing list dimensions. A 'mailing list for discussing
mailing lists and related issues? Hm.

> I think it being a low traffic
> list would be a good thing - the moderators would all have to be there
> and a few mailing list regulars would sign up to keep an eye on things
> and disputes could hopefully be resolved with a minimum of drama.

Alright. I am not easily persuaded, but you make an interesting case. A
lists-l list then.

We can there discuss a new possible disputes-l list, as well as any ending
any defunct lists, etc.

-Steven