[Foundation-l] A local chapter without Wikimedians

Porantim porantim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 07:27:44 UTC 2008

Geoffrey,

We came here, on this list, looking for other opinions. Looking for any kind
of light.

We don't really need that you *make* somethink, but we need your expertise,
we need your view, your look [I don't know how I can say that].

We came here to open your eyes about the danger of a chapter without clear
positions can make, too.

Nobody says "work on bylaws was silenced *by Thomas*", but the evidences of
the problems is in our discussion list. Unfortunately, we can't translate
all the messages to english to show that and I think you have a lot of other
issues to take care.

Nobody request to "kill" a chapter too. We request to start again. Start
again because the process has transformed in a addicted process. *This*
addicted process is "killing the manifestation of thousands of hours of
work". You see?

Any way, perhaps this conversation can't make anythink more.

When Jimmy puts his personal feelings as the unique argument, no more have
to say. When he puts his friendship against the interests of the community,
no more remain to do.

You know, Jimmy is a kind of symbol to some us, maybe all of us. Then, when
he puts this conversation in that maniqueist form, I don't know what more
remain.

Jimmy has feelings about Thomas. That's OK to me, but there is no argument
against that, when that is de unique argument.

I apologize to do you lost your time.

My hope is that I am wrong (and the remain of brazillian wikimedians) and
Jimmy and his friend are rigth.

I apologize too if any of my words sounds offensive. I can't speak english
well.

Thanks Geoffrey about your care in try to translate your messages to
portuguese.

Saludos

-- Porantim