[Foundation-l] A local chapter without Wikimedians

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Wed Nov 26 08:05:48 UTC 2008

Porantim wrote:
> When Jimmy puts his personal feelings as the unique argument, no more have
> to say. When he puts his friendship against the interests of the community,
> no more remain to do.
>
> You know, Jimmy is a kind of symbol to some us, maybe all of us. Then, when
> he puts this conversation in that maniqueist form, I don't know what more
> remain.
>
> Jimmy has feelings about Thomas. That's OK to me, but there is no argument
> against that, when that is de unique argument.

Porantim, I would like to be your friend as well.  Please don't take
anything that I have said as being a matter of taking sides against you
or for Thomas *and* especially not supposing that I have any opinion on
the proposed bylaw changes (I don't even know what they are).

All that I have said is that I met Thomas, and based on what I know of
him, he will be a peace seeker and he has no interest in being any kind
of boss or tyrant of the chapter process.  Nor is he an aggressive
person.  I found the suggestions (I don't know who made them first,
perhaps not you) that the chapter might be at risk of being used for
purposes of money laundering to be a bit over top, and I felt it
important to mention what little I do know.

Again, I will meet with Thomas, and I will ask him what is going on, and
I will recommend to him that everyone should make peace.

It is not helpful to suppose that I am putting my "friendship against
the interests of the community".

--Jimbo