[Foundation-l] A local chapter without Wikimedians

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Tue Nov 25 09:48:32 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> The question is, if the characterization of the Wikimedia Brasil is accurate
> (i.e. comprised mainly of non-editors, hostile to editors, authoritarian to
> the extent of banning discussion of chapter composition and goals, etc.)
> what can be done? The answer may be nothing at all, and its possible (in
> light if Jimmy's email) that there is a misunderstanding at the source of
> this problem.

Having spent 3 days there working with Thomas morning to night, I think
it is almost certainly some kind of misunderstanding.  Editors are very
welcome, there is no hostility to editors, and there is no
authoritarianism at all.  It is actually quite funny and ironic that
this charge is being put forward, because Thomas very much takes the
opposite approach from authoritarianism.

--Jimbo