[Foundation-l] GNU FDL 1.3 released!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 3 16:47:08 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> Ok, that's marginally better. We don't need to delete everything
> posted in the past 2 days (and the subsequent time until we decide
> whether or not to switch) we just have to scour through it all and
> delete those parts that weren't originally posted to whatever project
> you're on - that includes anything transwikied and anything
> translated.

No. Please re-read the "eligible for licensing" section and the
definition of an "MMC Site". Wikipedia.org can clearly be considered a
single "MMC Site". This doesn't require interpreting all of Wikipedia
as a single work. Notice that even the definition of MMC uses the word
"works".

> And it seems the FAQ is very badly written, do you have a contact
> there that you can inform?

Yes.
--
Erik Möller