[Foundation-l] Global rollback users

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:45:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Jesse Plamondon-Willard
<pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that Pedro's approach is better: those users should get right
>> to delete page (as well to undelete if they make a mistake; or it is
>> not necessary?), too. Vandals and spammers are making new pages, too
>> and those pages should be deleted.
>
> I proposed rollback-only because faster reverting probably isn't
> controversial, but being able to delete and restore pages on all wikis
> (including large wikis like en-Wikipedia) is probably much more
> controversial. That's technically possible too, if there is community
> consensus to do it.

Delete/undelete rights are not a bid deal. There are persons at
developed projects which take care about deleting and undeleting
pages. The rule added for covering this issue may be very simple:
using those rights at projects with regularly active administrators
will be sanctioned by removing rights immediately. I think that it is
fair enough and that every reasonable Wikimedian may agree with such
rules.