[Foundation-l] Global rollback users

Ryan wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:17:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Delete/undelete rights are not a bid deal. There are persons at
> developed projects which take care about deleting and undeleting
> pages. The rule added for covering this issue may be very simple:
> using those rights at projects with regularly active administrators
> will be sanctioned by removing rights immediately. I think that it is
> fair enough and that every reasonable Wikimedian may agree with such
> rules.

Delete and undelete rights may very well be controversial, particularly on
the English Wikipedia, where some deleted revisions that are not strictly
"personal information", but may very well need to stay private, can be
viewed by administrators.  Perhaps the users are trusted globally, but this
could be a serious concern, potentially.

--
[[User:Ral315]]