[Foundation-l] Fundraising "Bugging for Dollars"

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:50:33 UTC 2008

> Well of course, bugs get coded, no matter what.  Feature requests, can
>  be coded at normal priority.   But, the foundation can hold an auction
>  everyweek, and the bug to win, gets the highest priority.  Nothing wrong
>  with that.  Nothing at all.

That works for determining what work the developers that are on the
foundation payroll prioritise. It won't have much effect on the
volunteer developers. I don't know what the proportions are, but the
volunteers do do a significant amount of the work. I imagine (although
I'm far from sure) that most of the little things which are likely to
attract such votes are done by volunteers, while the paid developers
work on bigger projects, like single user logon. If I'm right, then a
voting system won't make much difference.