[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:13:09 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I wonder if the question or the situation is loaded ?? At issues is that
some have been EXTREMELY loud in their dismissal of any type of
advertisement drowning out the arguments in favour of advertisements.. It
has always been known that many want to do good and see advertisements as a
means to an end. The dismissal of "the poor children in Africa" is imho as
problematic as the dismissal of adverts because of personal convictions.

The question that should be asked when you talk about Africa, why and how
are you going to spend money and make a difference. Spending money is easy
enough, the point is that it has to be done in a way that is line with our
core aims, abilities and activities.
Thanks,
    GerardM