[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:55:44 UTC 2008

Interesting poll, though on advertising the question is completely
loaded (to the point of being unusable IMHO).

Helping African kids
Improving site speed
improving content
all of the above, YES
No, none of these things are worth it.

Look at the question. It's clearly guiding users towards one of the
first 4 answers, with the "YES" qualifier to all of the above. And
also, it's discouraging to have an answer saying "No, african kids
aren't worth it", implying one should feel guilt for selecting that
answer.

I love the idea for facebook polls,  but I think the questions need to
be a little better written before they can be useful to us.

-Dan