[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Mar 17 11:55:43 UTC 2008

I was just reviewing this thread and it motivated me to hurry up and
finish a presentation that I plan to make at the upcoming board meeting.

I was curious to know whether Facebook users understand that Wikipedia
is a charity, and what they think about putting advertising in
Wikipedia.  So I ran a couple of polls on Facebook (this doesn't cost
much, so I thought I would wing it)...

The results are interesting but very preliminary, and probably point the
way towards a need to do more research than anything else.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Facebook_polls_for_Wikimedia.pdf