[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:07:54 UTC 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Delirium wrote:
> | I can only give anecdotal evidence, but my impression is that the
> search
> | really has gotten much better. I used to never bother trying to
> use it,
> | but now I use it first, falling back to Google only if I can't find
> | anything via the internal search. The ordering seems mostly
> reasonable,
> | and with the result snippets added, the only Google feature I really
> | find I miss now and then is suggesting corrections of misspellings.
>
> I do believe that's one of the things Robert's been working on, trying
> to get a well-performing implementation of spelling suggestions.
>
> - -- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)

I have to also add in that I've had pretty good results from the
internal search recently, compared to how it has been in past. I don't
know if something has changed or if it's just the terms that I'm
querying, but I've certainly had a much better search experience in
the past weeks than two years ago.

-Dan