[Foundation-l] Concerns for Safety

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 16:17:30 UTC 2008

On 07/03/2008, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the difficulties that you claim
> are not there. The foundation is a US organization, and thus could be
> sued by a US citizen for negligence in planning that occurred in the
> US. Who knows whether that would win on the merits, but the
> possibility does exist.

I really cannot see this constant talk of lawsuits as desperately helpful.

Yes, the Foundation could be sued if something goes horribly wrong.
But if something goes horribly wrong, *we've failed already*, and
whether or not we get sued over it is almost irrelevant - things have
gone horribly wrong, after all!

We should be concentrating on things not going horribly wrong, not
concentrating on not getting sued when they do. Approaching it from
this angle just seems, well, not right.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk