[Foundation-l] leaflets

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:23:57 UTC 2008

Guillaume Paumier wrote:

> I think you're mixing two very different matters. What needs to be
> translated or adapted is the content, i.e. the *text*. And each
> language should write their own text, because it's always better than
> translation. On the other hand, there's the design and the layout,
> which don't change across languages. Once the text is written, it
> takes nothing to add it to an existing layout.

Depends on the leaflet. If you show a screenshot from a Wikipedia, it has to
be from the language of the reader. Also, the selection of pictures
interesting for a German can differ from the one for a Dutch. For example,
people want to see content from their own country (at least one picture or
item), even if - or especially when - you present the internationality of
the Wikipedia.

Ziko

--

> [[m:User:guillom]]
> "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you
> have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

Ziko van Dijk
Roomberg 30
NL-7064 BN Silvolde