[Foundation-l] leaflets

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:41:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> elisabeth bauer wrote:
>
>  > Anyway, people who want to adapt the layout in other languages
>  > can now choose if they want to copy either the german version
>  > (indesign, email elian) or the dutch version (illustrator,
>  > contact husky).
>
>  There's so much good coming out of the German chapter, and we're
>  so few who speak German and Swedish (or some other small
>  language), so it would be a great help if people could translate
>  as much as possible from German to English.
>
>  The first little leaflet from Wikimedia Sverige is now also
>  available in English,
>  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Brochure_A5_4_pages_v2.1_en.pdf
>
>  This one is quite useful already, but as you can see it is much
>  inferior to the German examples.

I think you're mixing two very different matters. What needs to be
translated or adapted is the content, i.e. the *text*. And each
language should write their own text, because it's always better than
translation. On the other hand, there's the design and the layout,
which don't change across languages. Once the text is written, it
takes nothing to add it to an existing layout.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]